Project 22 A Project of Documentaries
Project 22 rides again and needs your help!
CALL TO ACTION - WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Donate - https://fromtheheartproductions.givecorps.com/projects/15486-documentaries-project-22
- Share the info & donation page with friends and family (social media moves mountains!)
- Volunteer - see wish list below
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us your story or connect us to an awesome female service member of veteran who wants to share her story
- Join us on the Ride to Rally - updated dates at https://www.facebook.com/events/1781974755364482/
Last year we rode 6,500-miles across the country and set out to raise awareness of the little known fact that 22 veterans are taking their own lives every single day. We were also determined to show our brothers and sisters-at-arms that there is hope for them. During the journey, we interviewed researchers, healthcare providers, and Veterans. Many of the people we encountered had either contemplated or attempted suicide and were able to share the life-saving alternative sources of hope that they had found. Asking hard-hitting questions, opening up about our own struggles, and documenting the journey enabled us to tell an authentic story of healing. The compiled footage ultimately became Project 22 - a documentary that includes powerful interviews with veterans who have found help and support for problems they faced after coming home through various therapies, programs, and alternative healing modalities.
We are gearing up to ride again and we need your support!
Leaving Los Angeles on July 15th, Daniel and Doc will be riding across the country with Operation Rock The Troops, 22Kill and more en route to Platoon 22's Rally in the Valley 2016 in Frederick, Maryland. The crew will be making stops along the way and documenting the journey.
We set out on our first ride with the intention of capturing our chance encounters and interviewing people that we met along the way. The footage we were able to cut together told a powerful story of community and recovery but we are ready to expand on that story by adding the powerful female perspective. Our main request following Project 22 has been from female Veterans wanting to share their stories and, although this is as last minute as possible, this trip is the perfect setup to accomplish that! We will be bringing a small camera crew along on the upcoming Ride To Rally with Project 22, in order to interview and share the stories of our Veteran Sisters! This trip is extra special to Doc as he will be bringing two female additions to his life since Project 22, his wife Murielle and his daughter. Adding an extra tinge of special, the project will be produced by Gold Star Wife Snejana Daily, a representative of an often overlooked group - the families left behind by service men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice.
There are many angles to the story and we'd like to explore them all, from women who have served to the mothers, sisters, girlfriends, and wives of a service members. If you know one of these incredible women who should have her story told, please let us know!
We will be making stops in the following cities and are looking to meet up with amazing women with service related stories in each city (and anywhere in between!).
LOS ANGELES, CA
EL PASO, TX
SAN ANGELO, TX
KANSAS CITY, MO
CAMP LEJEUNE, N
JULY - AUGUST (updated dates at https://www.facebook.com/events/1781974755364482/)
We will be partnering with the following organizations:
- Monetary donations - any amount helps!
- Gas cards
- GoPros and mounts - have a GoPro you aren't using? Send it our way!
- RV or camper van sponsorship - either a company or individual willing to let us use their vehicle for the cross country trek.
- Food - in the form of gift cards, restaurant sponsorship, or a home cooked meal you'd like to make for us while we are in your city.
- Camping gear - sleeping bags, camping chairs, etc.
- Production staff and crew willing to hop on the project and help out (i.e. camera operators, photographers, drone pilots, production coordinators). You can either help out from home with coordinating logistics and reaching out to possible on camera participants or you can join us for as many of the legs of the trip as you can.
- Fundraising professionals and volunteers who can help us raise funds NOW and while we are on the road.
- Social media experts and volunteers willing to help with spreading the word NOW and helping us post in real time throughout the journey.
Supported by 52 Donations:
I Gave $50Keep the message going!!!
AnonymousI Gave $100In memory of Ben Calvin
I Gave $100Doc & Daniel - we're in this fight together. Hope to see you again sooner rather than later. Call if you pass through OKC on the return trip to CA.
I Gave $22
I Gave $500
I Gave $1,000
AnonymousGod Speed.....the Ciciotti Family
I Gave $300You guys are awesome! Thanks for all you have done..serving, believing, spreading hope and healing. Bobby and Erika Woods
Good luck, Snejana!!! You never fail to make me proud!
I Gave $65Generous donations by Drake residents, collected by Jazlynn & Harlow at their Happy Friday event :)
I Gave $220
I Gave $100Snejana: From the Hawaii Dailys, Emma, Mary, Beth, and Patrick to help you on your way to such a noble enterprise. Best wishes to you -every success!
I Gave $20Negah & Eric
I Gave $3,179These Funds Were Raised By The DELAWARE BIKER CHICKS on June 26, 2016 at Christiana Pub Newark,De.. THANKS TO ALL WHO SUPPORTED US. DBC
I Gave $25
I Gave $22Keep up this amazing work!
I Gave $100Have a great ride Brothers. You know we at Sacrifice Mfg are behind you 110%. This should fill up you tanks a couple of times. Be safe!
I Gave $10
I Gave $50In honor of Mark J. Daily. ❤️ keep making him proud Janet! Love you all and good luck on this incredible journey!
I Gave $200
on behalf of VProud.tv
I Gave $100
Telling important stories
Proud to call you my fellow Americans and grateful for the work you do...
AnonymousI Gave $100with love and support to Snejana Hristova Daily
I Gave $5❤️❤️❤️