USC School of Cinematic Arts Thesis Film.
Donate today, help create a film that touches on the themes of self-worth and recovery.
Asia A A Project of Shorts
Asia A refers to the American Spinal Injury Association (ASIA), who developed a system of tests used to define and describe the severity of a patient's spinal cord injury to help determine future rehabilitation and recovery needs. The patient's test grade is based on how much sensation he or she can feel at multiple points on the body, as well as tests of motor function.
- ASIA Grade A - Complete lack of motor and sensory function below the level of injury
- ASIA Grade B - Some sensation below the level of the injury
- ASIA Grade C - Some muscle movement is spared below the level of injury, but 50 percent of the muscles below the levl of injury cannot move against gravity.
- ASIA Grade D - Most (more than 50 percent) of the muscles that are spared below the level of injury are strong enough to move against gravity.
- ASIA Grade E - All neurologic function has returned.
The film Asia A, is the story of Marquise a 22-year old college athlete who undergoes the ASIA test and is confronted with the choice - give up or fight to live.
The idea for this film spawned six years ago when director/producer/writer - Andrew Reid, at the age of 21, became paralyzed from the chest down. A malformation of his blood vessels resulted in a rupture which compressed his spine when he was sleeping, leaving him completely paralyzed. Andrew was told by doctors he would never walk again but with dedication and perseverance regained movement. Today, Andrew walks again and continues to progress in strength and health. He plans for this film to shed light on recovery, disability and the human relationships that help us to overcome adversity.
Please visit the official film website - www.WhatisAsiaA.com
Supported by 8 Donations:
I Gave $100You got it Andrew!
I Gave $200Keep up the hard work Andrew! - Adam & Miguel
Does this mean I'm a film investor? ;) All the best and good luck! Although knowing your personality, you don't need luck to be successful.
I Gave $25
I Gave $100
I Gave $50Proud of you, Andrew, and looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labor!
I Gave $25Donating because I believe in the film magic that lives in the brain of Andrew Reid